Full Stack Web Developer
Citizen Ticket - Full Stack Web Developer
Citizen Ticket is a tech start-up working in the event ticketing market. We adapted Blockchain technology to the ticketing industry to try and eradicate the problems with ticket touts and secondary sellers. We have been trading since early 2015 and growing at a considerable rate. We have secured multiple rounds of investment to grow the business to the next level. We are ethically driven and have a tree¬ planting mission, with a donation from every ticket sold going to the National Forest in an effort to help with the growing threat to climate change.
We want to grow our business initially throughout the UK and then into European markets, the bigger the events the better. We want to make a genuine positive change on the current broken ticketing industry. We're looking for start-up oriented candidates to bring their creative problem solving skills.
The current team consists of 10 people in total (including founders). Our development team currently consists of 4, spread over the online platform, the app and the server infrastructure. We have a team of highly talented and driven individuals with a strong and growing team culture.
We are looking for a primarily PHP developer to work across our web platform, but the successful candidate will have to have diverse full stack capabilities. The candidate will work alongside our lead developer and will be supported and mentored by our CTO. During the course of the role, the successful candidate will be expected to develop their skill set.
After probation, there will be creative opportunity given to work on projects outside of this scope decided by the candidate (“20%” time).
THE SKILL SET
- A strong understanding of MySQL databases
- Minimum 5+ years programming experience
- Experience with using Git (Gitlab experience a plus)
- Must be a self-starter, able to motivate and manage themselves effectively.
- Strong desire to build something and to work in an innovative, dynamic and fast paced company
- Polite, well¬ mannered, excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to simplify, articulate and convey technical aspects to non-technical team members.
- An understanding and or interest in the application of Blockchain technologies.
- A Computer Science related degree
- Experience in React Native & Node JS
The top three interview candidates will be expected to carry out a code test. The starting salary is £30,000 - £40,000 per year.